The Pink Boots Society® was created to empower women beer professionals to advance their careers in the Beer Industry through Education: We teach each other!
In addition to upcoming seminars held in conjunction with our meetings, such as our GABF meeting seminars consisting of both technical and non-technical programming, we now offer scholarship opportunities to our members. First things first: we got our 501(c) 3 so now we can attract the kinds of donations that will fund these scholarships. We are closer than ever to this goal, so please be patient as we work our way through the maze of IRS requirements.
Other ways you can help: Attend a meeting, attend a seminar, volunteer to teach at a seminar, make a donation or ask your company to donate, spread the PBS word, volunteer to chair a committee, or invent a new committee for yourself, tell other women what is so great about working in the Beer Industry, and most of all, encourage and mentor someone less experienced than yourself.
We are a young organization. Get involved and help us grow! We’re so new that I guarantee you’ll make an impact!
For Our Current Scholarship Opportunity Click Below
*You must be a PBS member to receive a scholarship, click here to apply for membership.
Current (non-PBS) Beer-Industry Scholarship Opportunities:
- November: Glen Hay Falconer Foundation Scholarship at the American Brewers Guild for their Intensive Brewing Science & Engineering course January-July.
- November: John G. Doble III Memorial Scholarship at the Siebel Institute for their WBA Concise Course in Brewing Technology.
- January: MBAA Scholarship to the Brewing & Malting Science Course.
- April: Glen Hay Falconer Foundation Scholarship at the Siebel Institute.
- April: Greg Noonan New England Brewer’s Scholarship at the American Brewers Guild.
- June: Siebel’s AB Vickers Scholarship for the Concise Course and Diploma Program.
- June: Seibel’s World Brewing Academy Scholarship for the WBA International Diploma Program.
- July: MBAA Scholarship to the Brewery Packaging Technology Course.
Deadlines not known:
- Professor Michael J. Lewis Endowment Fund at UC-Davis.
- Michael Jackson Distilling Education Fund and Internship.
Master Brewers Association of the Americas (MBAA):
Many MBAA Districts have their own scholarship funds. If you are a MBAA member, be sure to ask a local officer if this is true for your district. http://www.mbaa.com
American Society of Brewing Chemists (ASBC):
Offers both Graduate scholarships as well as Student Travel Grants for students presenting research at the annual ASBC meeting. More info: http://www.asbcnet.org/foundation/apply.cfm